Video: Using Epic registries to help identify at-risk patients
Health Data Movers had the pleasure of assisting Yale New Haven Health (YNHH) in tackling the difficult task of identifying patients at risk for inherited cancer syndromes. With our assistance, YNHH built a familial cancer registry with dashboards and reports in Epic to enable a targeted outreach program.
Then, we worked together to record a webinar, explaining how they did it – check it out here.
Here’s what you’ll see and hear:
- Incorporating EHR data into a targeted outreach program
- Using EHR configuration to identify patients at risk of specific conditions
- Project sequencing, challenges, recommendations, and lessons learned
- Mapping EHR data sources to clinical guidelines
- Translating complex diagnostic criteria into registry build (and how to validate)
- Configuring population-level reports and patient-level decision support
By the numbers:
- 1 patient registry
- 200+ metrics
- 4 dashboards, many more reports
- 1,000 build hours
- 300 validation hours
- 10,000 eligible patients
- 7,778 manual review hours saved — that’s 3 years!
Watch the Webinar to learn more about the project.
- Nitu Kashyap, MD — Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, YNHH
- Xavier Llor, MD, PhD — Director, Cancer Genetics & Prevention Program, YNHH
- Thomas Rafter — Healthy Planet Analyst Population Health
- Brandon Camp — Program & Project Management Service Delivery Manager, Health Data Movers
Check out our video, connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter, and let us know what you think!